MissionThe purpose of the NWMO is to develop and implement, collaboratively with Canadians, a management approach for the long-term care of Canada’s used nuclear fuel that is socially acceptable, technically sound, environmentally responsible and economically feasible.
The fundamental values that guide the work of the NWMO include:
- Integrity: We will conduct ourselves with openness, honesty and respect for all persons and organizations with whom we deal.
- Excellence: We will pursue the best knowledge, understanding and innovative thinking in our analysis, engagement processes and decision-making.
- Engagement: We will seek the participation of all communities of interest and be responsive to a diversity of views and perspectives. We will communicate and consult actively, promoting thoughtful reflection and facilitating a constructive dialogue.
- Accountability: We will be fully responsible for the wise, prudent and efficient management of resources, and be accountable for all our actions.
- Transparency: We will be open and transparent in our process, communications and decision-making, so that the approach is clear to all Canadians.