The Nuclear Waste Management Organization (NWMO) has released Implementing Adaptive Phased Management 2017 to 2021 – DRAFT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW, our annually updated strategic plan. It describes our five-year work program, presenting highlights in eight key areas.
Based on the comments and ideas received, we will refine the plan and publish the final document in March 2017. We will report on our progress in 2017 in our Annual Report published in March 2018.
The plan is a living document that is regularly assessed, strengthened and redirected in the face of new information, advances in technology and science, changes in societal values, and evolving public policy.
We welcome comments and ideas about how we are continuing to move forward. To guide this review, we have some questions for consideration.
- The draft plan is built around eight strategic objectives. Are the objectives that we have identified appropriate? Have we missed key areas?
- The draft plan identifies work and activities we propose to undertake to accomplish these objectives. Have we set out appropriate activities?
- The draft plan is intended to anticipate the challenges ahead and plan for them. Over the next five years, what are the key challenges that will need to be addressed?
- What will the NWMO need to put in place to respond to these challenges?
- Other comments, questions or suggestions?
We welcome comments by mail or through our website by October 31, 2016.