The NWMO participated in the conference of the Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS) "Waste Management, Decommissioning and Environmental Restoration for Canada's Nuclear Activities", held at the Marriott Toronto Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, from September 11 to 14, 2011.
The NWMO also participated in the trade show with its travelling exhibit focused on describing Canada's plan, Adaptive Phased Management, and the NWMO's recent activities to implement this plan. The NWMO invited representatives of communities participating in Canada's site selection process for Adaptive Phased Management to attend the CNS conference.
Be involved! Videos of this conference and full presentations are posted below. Participate in the dialogue by sharing your questions and comments!
- Nuclear Waste Management Organization: Moving Forward Together - Program Update - K. Nash, NWMO
- Process for Selecting a Site for Canada's Deep Geological Repository for Used Nuclear Fuel - J. Facella and M. Ben Belfadhel, NWMO
- Engaging Aboriginal Peoples in Canada's Plan for the Long-Term Management of Used Nuclear Fuel - P. Patton, NWMO
- Engaging Youth and Transferring Knowledge - E. Mantagaris, NWMO
- Engaging at the Local Level, the Work of the NWMO Municipal Forum - P. Simmons, NWMO
- Overview of Adaptive Phased Management Repository Design Development - S. Russell, NWMO
- Dose Considerations for a Site Boundary for Surface Operations at a Deep Geological Repository - E. Kremer, NWMO; N.C. Garisto, SENES Consultants Limited
- Glaciation and Geosphere Evolution - Greenland Analogue Project - S. Hirschorn, A. Vorauer, M. Ben Belfadhel and M. Jensen, NWMO
- Used Fuel Container Designs and Lifetime Prediction - J. Villagran and G. Kwong, NWMO
- Conceptual Design of a Used Fuel Packaging Plant - K. Gillin, CANDESCO Corporation; A. Nystrom, SKB International AB; A. Murchinson, NWMO
- Large-Scale Backfilling Simulations at Äspö Laboratory Sweden and Applicability of Results to Repository Concepts Considered for Canada - D.A. Dixon, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited; K. Birch, NWMO; E. Jonsson, Svensk Kärnbranslehantering AB; J. Hansen, Posiva Oy; P. Keto, B+Tech Oy